Best Stock Brokers In India
A stockbroker is a representative who executes trade that may be a buy and sell orders for stocks and other securities on behalf of their clients.
India is a huge market, having wide range of financial products and there are more than 2000 publicly registered listed companies in stock exchanges. To participate in stock trading and investment all you need a reliable stock broker registered with SEBI.
So if you want to find best stock broker in India you might consider certain criteria.
Criteria To Choose Best Stock Broker In India
- Trading Margins and Limits
- Trading Platform and Mobile Application
- User Experience
Considering above criteria below are the top 10 stock brokers in India.
Top 10 Best Stock Brokers In India 2019
5Paisa is an Indian stock broker that provides online trading and demat account, completely online and paperless process. 5 paisa is part of India Infoline, India’s one of the leading NBFC company. 5paisa was re-launched with new brokerage model for online retail clients late 2016.
5paisa is also India’s fast growing discount broker offering trading services in segments like equity (Stocks), derivatives (F&O), currency and also commodity trading.
5paisa offer trading services, where customers can trade across all the segments for a flat rate of Rs 10 per executed order, irrespective of the size.
Why 5 Paisa?
- Very Less Brokerage (Rs. 10 Per Trade)
- Very Good Trading Platform and Mobile application
- Fast trade execution
- Up to 4 times margin on category E Stocks ( Rare in case of Discount Broker)
- Part of NBFC Company IIFL
- Above Avg. Customer Support
Zerodha is a Bangalore based, Indian discount Share Broker for trading in Equity, Commodity and Currency Derivative.
Zerodha is first discount broker in India and number 1 by volume, the number of customers. As of march 2019, Zerodha has more 8.47+ lakh investor and active traders.
With Zerodha, maximum brokerage for any transaction is ₹20 for an order and zero brokerage in Investments. Zerodha doesn’t charge minimum brokerage or any other charges.
- Very reasonable Brokerage (Rs. 20 Per Trade)
- Zero Brokerage on Investment
- Very Good and fast Trading Platform and Mobile application
- Advance Charting
- Technology friendly add on products.
- Operating Since 2010
- Fast trade execution
- Above Avg. Customer Support
3. Angel Broking
Angel Broking is a full-service retail broker in India, incorporated in 1987. The company offers investment and trading in stock and commodity, currency, derivatives investment advisory services, margin funding, loans against stocks and many other services.
Angel Broking also offers broking services through web, mobile and installable desktop platforms. All of the trading platforms are available for free to all it’s customers.
Why Angel Broking?
- Very reasonable Brokerage for a full service broker (flat ₹15 to ₹30 per executed order)
- Well made Trading Platform
- Advance Charting
- Advisory Service (Company provided)
- Technology friendly Mobile Application
- Operating Since 1987
- Good Customer Support
Sharekhan is an Indian full service stock broker. Sharekhan provides broking services through its online trading website Sharekhan.com and with more than 1800 offices which includes branches & franchises in almost every cities India. Sharekhan is famous for it’s trading calls and advance charting software.
- Trading platform is available according to customer’s need.
- Online and classroom training, seminars and workshops for investors.
- Sharekhan doesn’t charge for Online Funds Transfer from bank account and Funds Pay-out to bank account.
- No DP transactions Charge. Share transfer from and to the dp account is also free.
- India-wide network of branches.
- Free Call & Trade facility with Sharekhan.
- Allows fixed deposit as collateral for Derivative trading.
5. HDFC Securities
HDFC Securities is a stock broking and a subsidiary of HDFC Bank. HDFC Securities provide both online trading and offline one phone with the dealer.
HDFC Securities trading account has also 3-in-1 feature that integrates your HDFC Securities account with your HDFC bank savings account and existing Demat account. Easy t buy share, mutual fund and easy to redeem.
Why HDFC Securities?
- 3-in-1 account (banking, broking, and demat accounts)
- IPOs, Mutual Funds, GOI Bonds, Insurance and Postal Savings Schemes investment all from one website.
- Presence in Almost every cities
- Free Call and Trade
6. Axis Direct
Axis Securities Ltd is a part of Axis Bank, one among the best private banks in India. Axis direct is a full-service stock broker offering stock broking, mutual fund and other services and distribution of financial products.
AxisDirect is among top 10 best stock brokers in India with over more than 4.2 lakhs active customers. Axis Direct also provides Loan against Property, Loan against Shares and Loans for SME, Credit and Prepaid Cards.
Why Axis Direct?
- Axis Direct has a 3-in-1 account facility
- The trade@20 plan to trade at a flat rate of Rs 20 per trade with Rs. 500 quarterly.
- Very good Trading platform.
- Axis Direct provides free research calls to its customers.
- Axis Direct also provides classroom sessions, webinars, Online Tutorials to help beginners understand basics of stock market.
7. ICICI Direct
ICICIdirect is a retail stock trading and investment broker, the largest retail stock broker firm in India offering a wide range of investment options. ICICI Direct is part of ICICI bank.
ICICI Direct is one among the top 10 best stock brokers in India.
Why ICICI Direct?
- ICICI Direct Provides 3-in-1 account integrates your banking, broking and demat accounts
- Easy Money and stock pooling
- Offers Investment online in IPOs, Mutual Funds, GOI Bonds, and Postal Savings Schemes in just one website
- Also offers a low bandwidth website for slow internet connection or for trading from mobile devices.
8. Kotak Securities
Kotak Securities a subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank and was founded in 1994. Kotak securities offers stock broking services and provides other financial products to retail investors.
They have 1400+ branches, franchisees and satellite offices offers services and more than 11.95 Lakh customers and one among the top 10 best stock brokers in India.
Why Kotak Securities?
- Wide range of products includes investment in equity, IPO’s, Bonds, FD’s, ETF’s, Mutual Funds, Currency Derivatives etc.
- Branches in almost every cities in India.
- Free Research ideas for trading and investment
- Online Chat facility
- Kotak security offers easy integration of bank accounts.
SAMCO is an online discount broker and It offers stock and commodity and currency trading at NSE, BSE, and MCX.
SAMCO has a flat rate trading at ₹20 per order. SAMCO also doesn’t charge any Minimum Brokerage making it one of the best stock brokers in India.
- Margin products for stock delivery available for traders
- Flat Brokerage Plan (Rs 20 per trade)
- 15x Leverage for Intraday trader
- Free Trading and Demat Account opening.
- Instant Paperless account opening.
10. Motilal Oswal
Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd. is a Mumbai based financial services firm founded in 1987. The company offers trading and investment in Equity, Commodity, Currency and Derivatives.
The company also offers other products like Mutual Funds, IPOs, Gold, Insurance and Fixed Income products and portfolio management service. Motilal oswal is one among the top 10 best stock brokers in India.
Why Motilal Oswal?
- Motilal Oswal provides a very wide Range of Investmet service like Equity, Derivatives, IPO, Mutual Funds, Insurance and Fixed Deposit.
- Negotiable low brokerage options.
- Free research and advisory services.
- Free trading software.