Update Aadhar Card Online or Through A Enrollment Center
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identity number based on their bio-metric and demographic data of every Indian citizens.
Aadhar is the world’s largest bio-metric identity system and considered a proof of residence, but not of citizenship, Aadhar does not itself grant any rights to domicile in India.
Without proper details in Aadhar, you might not be able to get all the benefits of online authentication and e-aadhar verification. If there have been any changes in your information like address, name, mobile number or email address, you must Update your Aadhar immediately.
What You Need To Update or Correct In Aadhar Card?
- Change in your contact details (Like mobile number , email or address)
- Change in your name (after marriage or willingly)
Typing errors by the operator during the enrollment process
- Change in Bio-metrics due to an accident (Fingerprint, Iris)
- Change in the local languages
- Updating Aadhaar card with the age of a child (at the age of 5 years and 15 years)
- Additional documents requirement by UIDAI
In case of authentication failures
How To Update Aadhar Card Online?
Aadhar card can be updated via two modes online by providing necessary documents and offline through enrollment centers. Here is the steps to update Aadhar card online:
- You can log-on to the official UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Locate Update Aadhar and click the web address.
On the next page, type your Aadhaar number and enter the captcha code and click on the button “send OTP”. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Type in the OTP when prompted. This will take you to your Aadhaar update portal.
- Now you can select the demographic information that you want to update such as name, address, mobile number, email, etc.
- After submitting the necessary details, click on the “Submit” button, will generate a URN. Note down the URN to check the Aadhar card update status later.
- Now on the next page, you will have to upload scanned and self-attested copies of the approved documents as per the requirements.
- Then the BPO service provider inspects if the details mentioned in the form matches with the POA and forward your request to UIDAI. Your update request is then accepted and an Acknowledgement Slip will be provided to you.
- Your Aadhar will be updated with in 7 days.
Update Aadhar Card Through A Enrolment Centre
Aadhaar card holders can update their Aadhar by visiting the Aadhaar Enrollment Center as well. Here is the steps to Update Aadhar through a enrollment center.
- Fill the Aadhar correction form.
- Make sure you enter to fill the correct information not the one that is mentioned in your Aadhar.
- Get self-attested copies of proofs validating your update request.
- Submit the form along with documents.
- Pay Rs 25 for update or correction in the enrollment center.
You will get all your details including your bio-metric data, image, mobile number, email updated at the Aadhar enrollment center.
Also Read: How to Apply For PAN Card Online